Sunday, February 19, 2017

Gun Violence? Well let me tell you that back in the Middle East almost all my family owns guns. But they don't know when the right time to pull a trigger. The reason I bring this up is because now in the Middle East it's super crazy and no one is held accountable for anything. For example in Jordan the Police is their is everyone is friend. Say if a cop stops you right, you tell the cop here's like 20 Dinar for you he lets you go. Say when theres a fight around the block and cop wants to pull a trigger to stop the violence he doesn't really pull it he just acts stupid and starts yelling at the people to make them scared.
Going into for example video games. I know someone that grew up playing video games all his life and I saw him growing up. Every time we would go to his house he's always playing those games where violence and gun shooting are always in action. When he gets off he starts coming at us and pointing with his fingers like a trigger sign and saying I'm going to shoot you and so forth. Little by little his parents started to take away those games from him because they were the ones who bought them in the first place. I mean it's sometimes how you raise your kids and what choices they make at the end. But I believe that every person should always have back up no matter what.


1 comment:

  1. Hey Wafa, I agree that the way people parent their children has a lot to do with how they process violence in the world and whether or not they will have violent tendencies later in life. I think that if parents limit their children's exposure to violent video games entirely, or until they are old enough to handle it, they can reduce the risk of their child thinking that violence is acceptable or becoming violent. Of course, video games are not the only source of violence in the world; children may see violence on television, in movies, online, or unfortunately in their personal lives. It sounds like your friends are adjusting the video games that their son is playing because they do not like the effects it is having on his behavior. Parents cannot control everything about their child's environment, but they can control what video games they play.

    ReplyDelete